A woman and a child were saved from a flat fire in Mitchem, which is believed to have started due to a malfunction of the lithium-ion battery.
The London Fire Brigade was called at 14.10 yesterday in Kenneth Square, Mitch.
A part of a four-room apartment on the third floor of the building was damaged by fire.
The woman and child fled the apartment before the brigade arrived.
The brigade said there were no reports of injuries.
Four fire engines and about 25 firefighters from Mitch, Tutting and Wimbledon stations put out the fire by 2:54 p.m.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “Four fire engines and about 25 firefighters were called to the fire at an apartment in Kenneth Square, Mitch.
“A part of a four-room apartment on the third floor was damaged by fire.
“The woman and the child left the apartment before the arrival of the brigade.
“There were no reports of injuries.
“The brigade was called in 1410, and the fire was under control until 1454.
“The fire brigades of Mitchem, Tutting and Wimbledon stations arrived for the incident.
“It is believed that the cause of the fire was a malfunction of the lithium-ion battery.”